Why not check out our reviews on Trustpilot to help you decide if we are the right people to help?
Milton Keynes bid for ACES Europe’s ‘European City of Sport’ award for 2020, prepared by HeawardSports Ltd. was one of the best we have ever seen. It was easily good enough to have bid for our flagship European Capital of Sport award!
John Swanson (Vice President ACES Europe)
Having known Andrew for many years, I was more than happy to engage him to help our charity raise much-needed funds. This was a great decision on my part. He has come up with the goods so many times over the past 12 months and we are going from strength to strength. I find his company helpful and easy and to deal with. Nothing is a problem and he guides us through the most difficult challenges with his knowledge of the funding industry.
Clive Dean – Chairman Staffordshire Ladsandads
Great service from Andrew. Thorough research and always available to answer questions. His work finding funders and building a corporate sponsorship package for our capital works was a great help. I can’t rate him highly enough!
Adrian Oates – Fundraising Manager, Nene Park Trust
“5 stars – A very thorough service was received. Having an expert who knows what they are doing as far as answers and understanding the questions helps a lot. I have been successful twice with bids for funding at Pooldam playing fields with Andrews help. I would highly recommend HeawardSports to any company, club or organisation looking for help with funding or grants.”
Kevin Bennett – Vice Chairman of Newcastle Ladsandads
“HeawardSports Income Generation workshop was a fab addition to the Table Tennis England National Club, Coach and Volunteer Conference. It was clear that Andrew had taken the time to consider the initial brief and adapt the content to the needs of the audience. We have received an excellent level of service through our work with Andrew; from initial consultation, through to delivery and follow up. We hope we can continue to work with HeawardSports Ltd. to support table tennis clubs in the future.”
Claire Brockwell, Clubs, Schools and Leagues Manager, Table Tennis England.
Planning and project-based work:
I worked closely with Andrew for seven years whilst he was employed as General Manager for Leisure Services. In terms of the Planning system, Andrew was very involved in this area of work. This included the following:
- Developing clear and effective policy and strategy for sport and leisure in the city. This informed the local plan and other planning decisions through the Physical Activity and Sport Strategy, Built Facilities Strategy and Playing Pitch Strategy.
- Working with the Strategic Planning Team, which I lead, to help shape the relevant sections of the city’s emerging Joint Local Plan with Newcastle-under-Lyme Borough Council.
- Acting as the main point of contact between the council and Sport England, a key statutory consultee on many planning applications.
- Providing support on specific planning applications involving sport, which were sometimes complex or contentious.
- Managing the city’s network of public sports facilities and playing fields as well as leading a series of projects that have led to big improvements at key sites.
- Supporting the council’s Environment team to review and develop plans for the delivery of sport in parks. This involved sports as diverse as Bowls, Tennis and Football,
- Securing large sums of external funding to help deliver a series of key sports-based capital and revenue projects.
Andrew is a highly experienced professional. I am happy to recommend his company to anyone looking for professional support. I am confident that they will deliver the best results possible for any client.”
Harmesh Jassal, Strategic Manager – Planning Services, Stoke-on-Trent City Council
Find out how HeawardSports can help you