C.A.R.E.s latest funding award
Following a bid developed by HeawardSports Ltd, this month sees C.A.R.E. (Herefordshire) CIC commence work through its GV Fitness Centre to deliver of a series of exciting new projects which have been funded by Sport Englands small grants scheme. These projects will dramatically increase C.A.R.E.s impact on the local community and support a range of people to get more active and benefit from this.
The grant of £9,750 will let C.A.R.E. reach over 60 people from Herefordshire’s rural Golden Valley over the next 12 months through:
- Delivering a twice-weekly gentle exercise programme for older people and those living with conditions such as Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and a wide range of disabilities.
- Linking into the national ‘Us Girls’ campaign Creating a new weekly ladies running group that will encourage local women of all ages and ability to start to run in a safe and supportive environment.
- Provide vital funding to help C.A.R.E. train six volunteers to gain nationally recognised sports, fitness and exercise qualifications and gain vital experience which together will help lead to paid work in the sector.
- Provide fun exercise and sports-based activities as part of C.A.R.E.s new Wednesday night Activity Club for 7-10-year-olds and Friday night Teen Cafe for 11-16-year-olds.
One of the gentle exercise sessions is already up and running each Tuesday and another is being planned. teen Fit and the Teen Cafe should start in February/March and the ladies running group will start once the evenings get a little lighter. Three volunteers are already engaged and two of these will be starting formal training shortly including the REPs Level 2 Gym Instructor award and England Athletics Leadership in Running Fitness award.
About Sport Englands Small Grants Scheme
This exciting funding opportunity offers organisations in the not for profit sector accessible grants of up to £10,000 to support projects which:
- Getting inactive people to become more active
- Developing lasting sporting habits
- Develop more positive attitudes among young people
Sport England is especially keen to help those who have yet to benefit from Lottery funding and in doing so overcome the barriers that prevent people who are aren’t already active on a regular basis or who don’t already participate in sport, including a wide range of less traditional ‘sports’
HeawardSports is a small and highly skilled consultancy which specialises in helping organisations in the sport, leisure and community sector achieve their ambitions. We work right across the UK and have extensive experience in helping groups identify and secure external funding from sources such as grants and sponsorship such as Sport Englands small grants scheme.
To find out how HeawardSports could help your organisation secure funding form the Sport England small grants scheme or other funders contact us now!
Or for more updates on our work subscribe to our newsletter: