Our goal is to achieve great results whilst offering you the best possible value and service!
For every project a detailed written quotation is provided. This is based on your needs discussed during an initial free discussion and then agreed by you.
The information below sets out as simply as possible how we deal with fees for the services we provide.
When we first meet you we will have a detailed discussion about your project. This ensures that we understand your needs and you can make an informed decision if we are the right people to help.
Our goal is to make sure we understand where you are today and where you want to be in the future. This approach ensures that we can identify any challenges you might not have been aware of, especially any that may impact on your ability to attracting funding. This approach also gives you have the opportunity to ask questions and check that you like us and how we work. After the initial, no-obligation, meeting you can choose to address any tasks themselves or we can provide a tailored package of support to help you reach your goals.
We make every effort to ensure that are fees are affordable. For simpler projects such as preparing or reviewing low value bids (with a value below £10,000) we can usually offer a low price fixed fee on enquiry. Most other projects will need a detailed free discussion with you about your specific needs before we can provide a quote. In these cases a day rate will normally be agreed and then used to price up your requirements, our goal is to make sure we can offer you a great service at the best possible price. Once you accept our quote the fee is set in all but a few abnormal circumstances.
Will the quoted fee change?
For all projects, we will give a detailed estimate of the fixed fee which we will charge before undertaking any work. In this way, you should never get an unexpected bill. This approach also ensures you always know what our fees will be at the start of any project and a clear description exists of what our agreed work plan includes.
Our quoted fee will then only change if the scope of the work you ask us to do changes in a material way. Any change will require you to approve of a revised quotation ahead of our expanding the scope of our work. This ensures that you remain in control of what you are spending.
Are payment plans available?
For most projects fees are normally paid in two or more instalments the first of which is due on appointment and the last instalment on completion of the agreed work.
For larger projects, our fees can be split up over a number of monthly payments through an agreed payment plan making it easier for you to budget.
What about expenses?
Where we expect to incur expenses such as mileage/travel or payments to third parties an estimate of these will be set out in advance for your approval.
What about VAT?
Currently no VAT is payable as we are not registered for VAT with HMRC. Should this change we will advise you of any alternations to our fees and the options available to you to manage this situation.
Electronic invoices will be issued by email at the frequency agreed. We have a strong preference for electronic payment and can accept BACS or Direct Debit payments via Go Cardless. If you are unable to use these methods then payment by cheque can be accepted with our prior agreement.
All invoices are payable immediately on receipt.
Please note that any late payments will attract additional charges and may ultimately result in court action.
Why we don’t offer ‘no win no fee’?
A ‘no win no fee’ service is sometimes offered by companies providing similar services to ourselves, especially around the development of grant bids. This is not a service we offer or indeed believe is ethical. Superficially this may appear to be an attractive option, however, there are a number of issues around this approach that potential applicants should be aware of:
- In doing so, companies offering a ‘no win no fee’ arrangement are taking a significant risk. You will be charged heavily for this if successful, normally through a large percentage based fee based on any funding secured. These fees can be in the 10-20% range, which can result in a huge final bill. Our fees, although payable whatever the result, are also much lower overall.
- ‘No win no fee’ services will typically limit the scope of their work to the minimum input possible and require you to do a lot of the hard work. This leaves applicants often struggling to manage the complex project development process with limited support. We believe that it is impossible to completely separate these without harming the scheme, as a result, we are always available to help and advise as you need as part of the service offered within our fees.
- Importantly many funding bodies no longer allow you to include bid writing consultants fees as an eligible project cost. This means that should you use a no win no fee service and secure funding you will have to find a large fee from sources completely outside of any grant or match funding associated with it. Our fees are paid in stages as you go so you never end up with a huge bill.
- As with any ‘no win no fee’ service, companies who offer this are looking for ‘easy wins’ with the minimum of work involved. The easiest projects for them are when they keep reusing and slightly adapting previous bids. This means that if successful your project is unlikely to properly reflect your needs and aspirations.
- Our goals are to deliver the best possible quality projects for you and ensure these properly reflect your needs and desires. This means we go the extra mile and are happy to meet with you or be available on the telephone when you need us to offer help, advice or moral support. You are not charged by the day or hour, instated we charge a simple a fixed fee based on the work we estimate initially will be involved. This never changes unless you ask us to take on extra work and you are always in control.
- You will receive copies of everything we do and are welcome to use this in any way that you find useful.
To arrange a free initial discussion contact us now